- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- Associate Financial Planner (AFPCM)
- Associate Wealth Planner (AFPCM)
- Associate Financial Wellness Coach (AFWC®)
- Certified Wealth Management Advisor (ISOFP)
- Cert in Investment Advisory: Design, Agreement and Monitoring of Investment Solutions (Salmon Trust)
- Singapore Accredited Mortgage Planner (SAMP™)
- Certified Will Planner (SimplyWills)
- Associate Estate Planning Practitioner (AEPP®)
- Cert in Advising Small and Family Business (Cert. ASFB)
- Financial Service Excellence with Enneagram
Achievements & Experience
- 2012 – 2021: Singapore Armed Forces (Army)
- 2021 – Present: IPP Financial Advisers
- IPP Producers Club in 2021
About Benedict Lim
Benedict Lim is a military man turned wealth management consultant helping clients plan their financial future and ensure their designated heirs are always in good hands. He employs an analytical approach to investment but advises discipline as an essential tool to realize financial goals. Benedict currently has $3 million in assets under advice, and strives to achieve positive impacts for all his clients.
Early in life, Benedict crossed paths with financially challenged people, which made him realize the importance of financial planning. His army days further hardened his commitment to becoming money-wise and he eventually determined to foray into wealth management. This decision led him to acquire multiple professional qualifications. Benedict is certified as an Associate Financial Planner and Associate Wealth Planner by the Financial Planning Standards Board.
A degree in psychology equips Benedict with an understanding of the cognitive and emotional aspects of investing. He is able to connect to people’s fears, desires, and inclinations quickly, and addresses them effectively to prevent irrational decisions from ever getting in the way of wealth maximization.
Benedict is at home giving financial advice 1-on-1 and working as part of a team. He uses plain and direct language to help clients grasp the fundamentals of finance and implications of taking a particular financial decision. As a people person, Benedict is skilled at building rapport and making people feel comfortable very quickly. He is also known for his compassion, integrity and diligence, qualities that have earned him the trust of clients and industry peers.
On the personal front, Benedict likes to keep himself physically fit and mentally agile. When he isn’t helping clients build investment legacies, he can be found pushing his physical and mental boundaries through Brazilian jiu-jitsu and spending valuable time with his young family.