- B.Sc(Statistics & Financial Mathematics) at NUS
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Associate Estate Planning Practitioner (AEPP)
- Professional Estate Planner with Rockwills
- Singapore Accredited Mortgage Planner (SAMP)
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- Certificate in Advising Small Businesses
- IBF Advanced (IBFA) Level 2
Experience, Awards & Achievements
- FPAS Top 10 Financial Planner Awards 2018
- IPP President of Chairman Round Table since 2017
- More than 10 years of Financial Planning experience at IPP Financial Advisers
- Accredited as Blended Learning Coach (UCoach)
- Top 1% of the world’s Financial Advisers since 2018 – Top of the Table (TOT)
- Top 3% of the world’s Financial Advisers since 2017 – Court of the Table (COT)
- Top 5% of the world’s Financial Advisers since 2015 – Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
- Top 3 Will Writers with Rockwills in 2012
- Top 10 Financial Advisers in IPP Financial Advisers since 2009
- Associate Financial Educator & Accredited Financial Counsellor
- Conducted Talks at professional associations (ICPAS), companies (NETS, Tiger Airways, etc), hospitals (KKH, AMK Thye Hwa Kuan Hospital, Parkway Cancer centre) and at Government agencies (MINDEF, NEA, etc)
- Planned more than 250 wills over the past 8 years
- Helped people get out of debts and get discharged from bankruptcy
- FinCARE – volunteering with Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund
- View Joanne’s Testimonial
- Featured on Channel 5 Common Cents Programme: Financial Planning – The Final Stretch (From 11:26 to 15:38)
Joanne started her own financial planning since she was 14 years old and she has represented her school for Mathematical Olympiad competitions and won Silver medal for many Mathematical competitions partnering with National University of Singapore.
Joanne has more than 9 years of experience in financial planning in IPP financial advisers. She specializes in comprehensive financial planning and has won numerous prestigious awards including being consistently one of the top 10 financial advisers in IPP. Her loyal clientele demonstrates the trust and success built and preserved through committed service. She is distinguished as being the top 3% of financial advisers worldwide by the Million Dollar Round Table.
She has congratulated many families on achieving their first $1mil and beyond. She is passionate about investments, estate planning, will writing and she has achieved the prestigious Certified Financial Planner (CFP) which is acclaimed to be the gold standard in financial planning. She was invited to speak on local television, Channel 5 on the programme “Common Cents” on retirement planning where she was asked to share her views on how to retire well and build one’s very own Private ATM.
She has partnered with many MNCs, SMEs, Hospitals for the past 9 years to conduct talks to educate Professionals, Executives, High Net Worth Individuals, Business owners, Doctors, Lawyers and expectant parents in guiding them through the efficient use of the benefits given by the government and their personal finances. Her client relationships are designed to endure for decades of creating prosperity, security and financial well-being.
Caring for the underprivileged is one of her main reasons for living and she volunteers her time partnering with the Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund to teach underprivileged youths on financial management. As an Accredited Financial Counsellor and Financial Educator, she sets aside time to help people out of debt in Singapore and Vietnam, creating opportunities for the poor to achieve financial wellness as well. She set up an ACTS Fund in Vietnam, Hue funded using her dividend and rental income for the underprivileged people.
Outside work, Joanne is an avid reader and she enjoys singing and playing the guitar.